I shared a moment with a woman the other day. She reminded me of you Cynthia. She complimented me on my tote bag of “The Great Gatsby” and she got a dreamy look on her face when she said, “F. Scott Fitzgerald, he’s just…” and I almost felt like she was transported back to her youthful days in the 50’s and wanted to say something along the lines of, “He’s just the most!”. I almost finished the line for her. But that dreamy look, it reminded me of you. And I didn’t want to let her to go. I almost reached out for her, for you. Because I keep wanting to have one last moment with you. One last conversation about nothing but about everything at the same time. I need one last encouragement that I have it in me. It was like you could really see inside of me, like you could see it there. Like it was am ember, burning, glowing. I just need something of you. An object, an ornament, something to wear around my neck so I feel like you’re with me. Because I really did feel like you were going to save my life.
- RT @JanelleMonae: Liberation. Elevation. Education. Today is the inaugural National Black Voter Day and we need to make sure that we get t… 2 hours ago
- RT @mishacollins: I'm crying. No one has done more for women, equality, or this country than Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Rest in Power. https://… 2 hours ago
- The only peace I feel is knowing she is no longer suffering. She was holding on for US. She cared about people and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- RT @ambertamblyn: Ruth. Ruth. Scream with me, in pain, in sadness, in joy, in respect. RUTH. There are no words right now. No words. 2 hours ago
- RT @GavinNewsom: VOTE. 2 hours ago