I have this memory where I’m young and I’m in the bathtub and my mother is washing my hair. My sister is there and we’re all singing “Tracks of My Tears” by Smokey Robinson. It almost feels like it can’t be real. It has that magical quality of dreams. But maybe that’s what becomes of memories. With time we add beauty and make them like dreams. But I know this happened. I know we had these moments. I know there’s a reason I long for the past. I was in that bathtub. I was singing that song. I thought we’d always be like that forever.
- RT @JanelleMonae: Liberation. Elevation. Education. Today is the inaugural National Black Voter Day and we need to make sure that we get t… 2 hours ago
- RT @mishacollins: I'm crying. No one has done more for women, equality, or this country than Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Rest in Power. https://… 2 hours ago
- The only peace I feel is knowing she is no longer suffering. She was holding on for US. She cared about people and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- RT @ambertamblyn: Ruth. Ruth. Scream with me, in pain, in sadness, in joy, in respect. RUTH. There are no words right now. No words. 2 hours ago
- RT @GavinNewsom: VOTE. 2 hours ago